Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Any suggestion of improvement for PID tuning

From: Eduardo lavratti
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Any suggestion of improvement for PID tuning
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2014 12:14:30 -0300

Well, i dont know anything about your frame but i think you are using values too low.

For example, here are the setting i use for my 450class quadcopter

    <define name="PHI_PGAIN"  value="1500"/>
    <define name="PHI_DGAIN"  value="600"/>
    <define name="PHI_IGAIN"  value="550"/>

It fly super stable and have fast response to stick command with original reference values.
BTW, i set the some reference parameter to make the response a bit slow (more smooth fly)