[Paparazzi-devel] Problems simulating multiple fixed wings

From: David Mobach
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Problems simulating multiple fixed wings
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 14:11:05 +0200

Hi,

I am running into some problems when trying to simulate multiple fixed wings:

I first start two simulators:
 - pprzsim-launch -t sim -a Microjet1 --boot --norc
 - pprzsim-launch -t sim -a Microjet2 --boot --norc

When I next start the 'server' process, both simulators crash after a few seconds. The server process keeps running, but if I try to restart one of the simulators they crash immediately. The message I get from the simulator is:

Fatal error: exception Failure("Pprz.sprintf_value(uint32)")

Before I start digging around for the root cause, I want to ask if anyone knows if the 'basic' simulator actually supports multiple UAVs. I also tried using jsbsim, but if I then run multiple simulators I run into another problem: As soon as I switch one of the simulated aircraft to another flight_block (e.g. Takeoff), all simulators switch to that flight block.

Does anyone have any experience with running multiple simulated aircraft?

Kind regards,
 David