Re: [Paparazzi-devel] basic pprz issues

From: Simon Liebold
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] basic pprz issues
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 22:41:18 -0400

Hi Bob,

Without claiming to be the expert. I may be able to answer a few questions.

- do you still support autopilots like Tiny 1.1 ?
I believe yes. The wiki doesn't say anything about it being outdated. Also the microcontroller LPC2148 of the Tiny1.1 is still used in many other autopilots (including mine).

- IR sensors seem still to be supported. Can they be combined with IMUs - or is only one of them possible at a time?
I could be wrong here: I believe it will switch to a different kind of attitude control if a IMU is available. This will also take a roll rate into account. You will want that because it reacts much quicker.

- I have got telemetry devices like Digi XBees Pro 2G4 series 1 and 2. Do these interfere with modern 2G4 RC-equipment ?

No problem with that. I also use 2.4 GHz on both modem and radio control. Very common.

Simon

This is my first post to the list, so let me introduce myself: I am Robert from Hamburg, Germany  I work as an electronics engineer.

The other day I was lucky to receive a package from a friend with pprz parts like some autopilots, sensors, RC equipment, telemetry, etc.

Currently, I am trying to get into this and there are some general questions that I couldnt find answers in the devel threads:
- do you still support autopilots like Tiny 1.1 ?
- IR sensors seem still to be supported. Can they be combined with IMUs - or is only one of them possible at a time?

- I have got telemetry devices like Digi XBees Pro 2G4 series 1 and 2. Do these interfere with modern 2G4 RC-equipment ?

Thanks a lot
Bob