Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Command line autonomous flights with Parrot AR Dro

From: Gautier Hattenberger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Command line autonomous flights with Parrot AR Drone 2.0?
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 18:52:21 +0200

Hello,

The flight plans are written in a script language based on XML (http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Flight_Plans) and are compiled with the autopilot (which is uploaded and run on the ARDrone or any other supported board).

It means that it can fly out of range of the GCS and continue to execute the flight plan sequence (which you have to carefully write in this case if you want your aircraft back). If you want to change things during the flight, some are possible (moving waypoints, changing block), some are not (adding a new procedure during the flight, creating new waypoints). This kind of control are usually send by the GCS, but it can be done by any other ground agent using the same messages. For more, see:
http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Overview#System_Architecture
http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/DevGuide/Server_GCS_com

If you need to have an action on the flight plan during the flight without communication with the ground, you can always write some code running on-board that triggers actions on the flight plan or even call navigation routines.

You can also have a look at the "mission control", but this is pretty recent and not much used yet: http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Mission

Gautier