[Paparazzi-devel] olimex stm32f405 bootloader strange behaviour

From: Chris
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] olimex stm32f405 bootloader strange behaviour
Date: Tue, 04 Nov 2014 17:17:17 +0200

Hi.
I came across a strange problem while experimenting with the olimex stm32f405 board. When nothing is connected to the board everything works fine and the dfu-util uploads the code. As soon as i try to upload the code but with the gps connected (obviously powered from the usb +5v) dfu-util cannot find the bootloader and more importand the dmesg command shows that the usb device cannot be enumerated. Now either the gps (ublox NEO7) with active antenna and superb sensitivity is jamming the usb signals via
the usb power line or something else is happening.
I will try with another gps also but i thought that maybe someone has encountered this behaviour also. The discovery board does not have this problem with the same gps but i will test it again just to be sure as i haven't seen anything like this before (i also changed the gps uart in the airframe file and it still does it)
Chris