Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi Stand Alone GPS also known as GPS13 not

From: onefastdaddy
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Paparazzi Stand Alone GPS also known as GPS13 not working
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2015 14:34:37 -0700 (MST)

Hello,

I probably made that board. :)

First thing that comes to mind is the small cap drained completely. A very
good Engineer friend told me that cap takes a long time to charge. Hours
(FWIW).

Possibly the module reset to the factory defaults (9600bps). Have you tried

Quick test could be just set the bps to 9600 for the gps in the airframe
file or set the u_center module up. Let me dig in the Wiki for that...I
think this is the page:
http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Gps#Automatic_Configuration_at_Startup
and
http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Module/GPS_UBlox_UCenter
and
http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Airframe_Configuration <-- look for GPS in
the page

The gps module will let you setup the GPS again from the autopilot. Granted
I'm not completely sure the exact way it works but what I do is in GCS after
launching it go into settings and find the gps module and check the box and
upload (green checkbox)...this enables the module which seems to do the
magic required. The module is really for GPS boards without a .2F cap that
lose their minds after power down. But in this case give it a go.

The good news is likely all is fine. One thing I've learned after all these
years (8 now) of assembling Paparazzi things, and using them myself, they
are durable and actually quite hard to kill. Non Paparazzi designed things
from 3rd parties are not so durable IMHO and experience.

Let me know if that sorts it out...

David