Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Issue following OSX installation steps from the Wi

From: David Conger
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Issue following OSX installation steps from the Wiki
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2015 09:24:10 -0400

For those attempting this same thing I will post the steps I took from
my history. After doing the steps as given it is in the make
dependencies I saw the errors about ocamlfind, xml-light. Here's the
commands in order to satisfy those:
  sudo port install opam
  eval `opam config env`
  opam init
  opam install batteries
  opam install xml-light
  sudo port install rlwrap

The google maps thing seems to be my slow network as make now says:
DOWNLOAD: google maps version code
/bin/sh: gsed: command not found  <---fixed this by: sudo port install gsed
Extracted google maps version was not a valid number:

The fatal part seems to be this at the end:
clang: error: unknown argument: '-fno-defer-pop'  <---dead end now
issue with OSX
make[1]: *** [cserial.o] Error 2
make: *** [libpprz] Error 2

I am working now on the final OSX issue, I have lots of time to dig these days.
Google pointed me at this:
http://bruteforce.gr/bypassing-clang-error-unknown-argument.html
The URL speaks about: "Well, it turns out that the latest (5.1)
version of Xcode ships with a compiler that treats unknown passed
parameters as errors."

Their suggestion is this:
ARCHFLAGS=-Wno-error=unused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future
pip install mitmproxy
note: mitmproxy is the program being installed by the author of the
article in the URL not a Paparazzi thing.

I also tried to set these env variables:
export CFLAGS=-Qunused-arguments
export CPPFLAGS=-Qunused-arguments

Still looking. Hopefully the above is helpful to someone to tracking
this down. The MacBookAir I'm using is about as perfect of a ground
station as I can find (SSD, battery life,durable). Maybe I can boot it
off Linux ;] since I really do not have strong feelings either way
about OSX.