Re: [Paparazzi-devel] More questions about AR.Drone2 magnetometer scalin

From: Christophe De Wagter
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] More questions about AR.Drone2 magnetometer scaling
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 08:17:47 +0100

Dear Ori,

From this graph you can't tell a lot. Scaled is not the correct term, they are bias+scaled (scaled=calibrated), and yes indeed it is not uncommon that xy are scaled differently than z.

The only plot that does tell if something is totally off is if you make the same plot while turning the quadrotor in all directions, not just horizontal but also up and down and upside down to have the mag vector point in all possible directions. The calibrated plot of vectors should afterwards be a nice sphere. The raw mag is typically a slightly squeezed sphere with an offset (and different scale).

-Christophe