Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Rotocraft: HOVER w/o GPS?

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Rotocraft: HOVER w/o GPS?
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:33:23 +0200

It will still go into HOVER_Z_HOLD mode, but your position will drift quickly without GPS.
I would advise not to switch to any position modes while you don't have a GPS fix (without any extra sensors/inputs)...

On Tue, Mar 31, 2015 at 7:12 AM, Simon Liebold <address@hidden> wrote:
And what happens, while it has not acquired the GPS lock (yet), and I switch it into the HOVER_Z_HOLD mode? In the GCS it confirms the mode to be 'H_ZH'. But without GPS lock, what does it fall back to: Vertical hold using the altimeter without horizontal hold or will it nevertheless stay in MANUAL mode (whatever this is set to)?

Simon