Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Rotocraft: Increase in psi while switching into HO

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Rotocraft: Increase in psi while switching into HOVER_Z_HOLD mode
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 21:36:13 +0200

Hi Simon,

it looks all correct to me...
If you plot them together you can see that it correctly uses the current heading when switching to HOVER:

Inline image 1

Cheers, Felix

On Tue, Apr 28, 2015 at 10:37 PM, Simon Liebold <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Felix,

I uploaded the logs here.

Not sure if I plotted (or logged) correctly and/or enough data. Here is another screenshot showing est_psi and sp_psi. I certainly did yaw the copter before and after switching into hover mode - but not while or shortly after switching.

I am noticing that my sp_psi and sp_psi show a noticeable difference. Something I need to work on.

What I don't understand is that guidance_h_heading_sp (sent as cmd_heading in HOVER_LOOP) changes even when you switch from KILL to HOVER.

You meant the switch from KILL to ATTITUDE_DIRECT (not HOVER), or? At time 231.401 (the first "drop" of cmd_heading):
230.207 2 ROTORCRAFT_STATUS 0 0 2 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 125 298
230.806 2 HOVER_LOOP 0 0 423 35 4851 -13654 7 -69 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
0
230.864 2 HOVER_LOOP 423 34 423 35 4803 -15526 -5 -56 0 -1 -3 -2 0 0 -6 15 -7190
231.401 2 ROTORCRAFT_STATUS 0 0 0 11 3 4 0 0 2 1 125 300
Mhm, not sure. I guess that is normal. I certainly didn't alter the code in this area (or any other).

All the best,
Simon