[Paparazzi-devel] Kalman R SIGMA2

From: Tobias
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] Kalman R SIGMA2
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 12:33:29 +0200

Hi, I just came along the MS5611 values for R and SIGMA2 which seem rather high with 20 and 1 - anyone flying with this?
I had had some long term oscillations in altitude after I changed the baro from amsys to MS5611 which I couldn t tune to get rid of them.
With the valus from amsys or ets (0.5 0.1) set for the MS its working much better for me.
Anyway - could anyone explain to me how to proper tune these values.
I saw that there is a flag (DEBUG_ALT_KALMAN) in ins_alt_float.c but I m not sure how to interpret those values.
Thx in advance Tobi

and another question: would it make sense to make those values accessible from the airframe file?