Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Quest about :ROTORCRAFT_COMMANDS_YAW_ALWAYS_ENABLE

From: Sergey Krukowski
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Quest about :ROTORCRAFT_COMMANDS_YAW_ALWAYS_ENABLED
Date: Sun, 07 Jun 2015 10:16:58 +0200

Hi!

According to the name of the variable, in_flight should always be true if the frame is actually flying (taking off, landing, navigating). Could you please explain your particular flying case, where you'd rather have yaw control? Which fly mode is it?

Regards,
Sergey

Actually, It's question about Yaw control.

I read the source code. I found there is no yaw control when in_flight is
false.

#ifndef ROTORCRAFT_COMMANDS_YAW_ALWAYS_ENABLED
#define SetRotorcraftCommands(_cmd, _in_flight,  _motor_on) { \
  *if (!(_in_flight)) { _cmd[COMMAND_YAW] = 0; }       *        \
  if (!(_motor_on)) { _cmd[COMMAND_THRUST] = 0; }             \
  commands[COMMAND_ROLL] = _cmd[COMMAND_ROLL];                \
  commands[COMMAND_PITCH] = _cmd[COMMAND_PITCH];              \
  commands[COMMAND_YAW] = _cmd[COMMAND_YAW];                  \
  commands[COMMAND_THRUST] = _cmd[COMMAND_THRUST];            \
}

I was confused, Why do this? and My rotorcraft is spined when taking off,
namely no yaw control when in_flight is false.

Thanks in advance.