Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Fwd: Eagletree Airspeed V3 on KroozSD

From: Sergey Krukowski
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Fwd: Eagletree Airspeed V3 on KroozSD
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2015 20:04:30 +0200

Hi Pascal!

Looks like there is smth wrong with I2C bus for the ETS.
First of all I would check if the I2C driver reset the bus because of hang up.
Try to add led toggling there (in case of I2C3 bus):
https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/blob/master/sw/airborne/arch/stm32/mcu_periph/i2c_arch.c#L1313

If the yellow led doesn't blink, it would mean smth is wrong with the startup sequence.

Best Regards,
Sergey

Hello,

although several entries have been written in this forum on this topic, I
am still struggelling in getting the ETS-sensor to run repeatedly on I2C3
on my KroozSD. The sensor simply states a constant zero-value after a
power-up without an upload of the firmware. Straight after a firmware
upload, I'm getting acceptable values in the message toolbox. Even applying
the delay as suggested with up to 4 secs didn't solve my problem.
One thing I noted in the message tool: when everything works fine (just
after the firmware upload), I got two "folders" in the telemetry section -
the AIRSPEED and the ETS_AIRSPEED. However, after a subsequent power-up,
the ETS_AIRSPEED don't appear anymore.
What am I doing wrong here?

The Wiki states a different parametrizing of the ETS, if not connected to
the I2C0. Since the KroozSD has no I2C0, I selected the I2C3. Where is the
reason for an adaptation of the scales and offsets if connected
differently, and what values will I need to apply on the I2C3?

My complete firmware file is attached, but the ETS section looks as follows:

  <modules>
   <load name="airspeed_ets.xml">
       <define name="AIRSPEED_ETS_I2C_DEV" value="i2c3"/>
       <define name="AIRSPEED_ETS_START_DELAY" value="1"/>
       <define name="USE_AIRSPEED_ETS" value="TRUE"/>
       <define name="AIRSPEED_ETS_SCALE"   value="1.8"/>
       <define name="AIRSPEED_ETS_OFFSET"  value="0"/>
       <define name="AIRSPEED_ETS_SYNC_SEND"/>
    </load>
  </modules>

  <firmware name="fixedwing">
    <target name="ap" board="krooz_sd">
       <configure name="FLASH_MODE" value="DFU"/>
    </target>
    <target name="sim" board="pc"/>
      <define name="USE_I2C3"/>
      <define name="USE_AIRSPEED"/>