Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Plane changing direction in GCS

From: Felix Ruess
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Plane changing direction in GCS
Date: Sat, 25 Jul 2015 19:31:57 +0200

Hi,

did you check if you get proper readings from the mag? https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/ImuCalibration#Magnetometer:

The IMU_MAG (float) and IMU_MAG_SCALED (int) messages give you the mag readings using the mag calibration and current calibration.

Also keep in mind that the "current calibration" is a simple linear approximation of a changing offset due to current flowing nearby, so without running motor it should be the same as without current calibration.

Your mag neutrals seem a bit high (but of course depends what you have placed close to the mag...
I would suggest redoing the mag calibration (and use the plot option of the script to see if the final fit makes sense and you have nicely distributed measurement points).

This is assuming that you have set your local magnetic field correctly
https://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Subsystem/ahrs#Local_Magnetic_Field

Cheers, Felix