[Paparazzi-devel] STM32f303 AHRS Issue

From: Esteban Zamora
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] STM32f303 AHRS Issue
Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 09:44:17 -0700 (MST)

Hi,
We are building a quadcopter with the STM32f303. We are using the internal
sensors of the board, the L3GD20 (Gyroscope) and the LSM303DLHC
(Accelerometer / Magnetometer), basing our work in the following branch:
https://github.com/arcoslab/paparazzi/tree/stm32f3discovery-fede. The
problem is that the AHRS angle calculations are being very slow as we
increase the AHRS propagate and correct frequencies. When these frequencies
are set to the rotorcraft defaults (around 500 Hz if i'm not wrong), the
delay observed in the PFD is huge (around 10-12 seconds) but as we decrease
both parameters, the delay decreases dramatically, having decent results
around 25Hz, which is obviously very low.
What are some of the possible factors that can produce this issue?
Regards.