Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Rudder Trim Problems

From: SilaS
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Rudder Trim Problems
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 20:36:31 +0200

Hi,

Check you radio config file! It is possible that it was created without 110% EPA and therefore when You made trims it makes confusion for ppm decoder.
Try to made your own radio config as it described on the wiki.

SilaS

We are using Lisa/M 2.1 and a futaba T10CAP Tx. All of the servos work in both
manual and auto1 without trim. When I add a +4 rudder trim on the Tx, told the
rudder stick to the right, I lose all control to the rest of the servos
including the motor. If I pull the rudder in the other direction with the +4
rudder trim, all servos work. When I add a -4 rudder trim, all of the servos
work when the rudder is pulled both left and right.

Even though we may not need to trim the rudder in flight, I think this may lead
to other problems. Last time we flew, we had aileron trim and the elevators
gave out on takeoff in manual mode, but control was gained after a couple
seconds. I have not been able to achieve the same results with the aileron trim
on the ground, but definitely have consistent servo problems when rudder rudder
trim is added.

Does anyone have any idea what may be causing this?

Thanks,
Meghan