Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Discussion point around toss and fly drone

From: Oswald Berthold
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] Discussion point around toss and fly drone
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2015 22:09:39 +0200

hi,

wanted to throw that in, davide scaramuzza's group published some
related work earlier this year [1], see refs at the bottom of that
page. there seems to be additional ROS power at work too [2]. i don't
know how much lily is actually using vision for stabilzation but it does
use a dedicated relative positioning system (wearable dongle). as michal
says, its probably mostly about changing some assumptions about the
IMU/AHRS init procedure, levelness etc.

bst, opt

[1] http://rpg.ifi.uzh.ch/aggressive_flight.html
[2] http://www.ros.org/news/2015/05/the-lily-camera-developed-using-ros.html