[Paparazzi-devel] 回复: 回复: 回复: 回复: Paparazzi issue with Xquartz

From: Tom H
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] 回复: 回复: 回复: 回复: Paparazzi issue with Xquartz
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2015 14:36:26 +0000 (UTC)

Hi,Hopper,
   Thank you for your help.The quartz is neccessary for my paparazzi.Without the quartz,the paparazzi GCS can't fill the map,so I can't move the way points to the right place.Sometime it could endanger my flight,especially at the landing procedure.
   Meanwhile,I found that my paparazzi's simulation is not stable.the link lost occasionally in the simulation.It may be also caused by the lack of quartz for paparazzi.
    The paparazzi needs the x11 backend gtk+,which could start the quartz with gtk+.But the gtk+ doesn't support x11 backend anymore.The code of paparazzi should be updated for the quartz backend gtk+,or the issue would be remained as a bug for paparazzi OS X user.
    Yours!!

hooperfly <address@hidden> 于 2015年11月11日, 星期三, 上午 8:17 写道:

Hi Tom,

If you don't require X11, you can use the instructions on the wiki for
installing on Mac OS X:

http://wiki.paparazziuav.org/wiki/Installation/MacOSX

It seems the GTK+ development has shifted away from using X11 on Mac OS X
and is now directly implemented on to of Quartz. No need for X11.

That being said, there are still some bugs with the native Quartz GTK that
may or may not be a problem. The issues I have seen are related to the
canvas with respect to displaying papgets and map overlays. Outside of that,
it should work OK. It's just not 100% and hopefully that will improve in the
near future.

The key is to follow the Mac OS X install instructions in the order they are
presented on the wiki page.

Of note, I'm dealing with issues related to El Capitan and if you haven't
upgraded to it, don't upgrade yet. Yosemite is much more stable, at least
for now.