[Paparazzi-devel] [PPRZLINK] Code generation for receiving messages

From: cxiao
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] [PPRZLINK] Code generation for receiving messages
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2016 15:45:19 -0700 (MST)

Hi all,

We have been taking a look at the PPRZLINK library for generating C code to
read telemetry messages over a serial port, from our Lisa/MX to an onboard
single-board Linux computer. We've tried using the  python gen_messages tool
<https://github.com/paparazzi/pprzlink/blob/master/tools/generator/gen_messages.py>

, but it seems to generate code for sending messages, rather than receiving
and parsing them.

In particular, we are looking for a code generation tool that will parse our
messages.xml file for the order of data fields and the size of each field in
a message type, then generate a function to read a particular message type.
Is this something that gen_messages.py does (are we missing something)? Is
there another tool in PPRZLINK that can do this?

Best,
Cindy