[Paparazzi-devel] circle navigation

From: Yu David Liu
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] circle navigation
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2020 22:57:31 -0400

Hi guys,

I was reviewing the source code on circle navigation, and specifically, the "nav_circle_xy" function:

https://github.com/paparazzi/paparazzi/blob/master/sw/airborne/firmwares/fixedwing/nav.c

What I don't seem to understand is the following lines (Line 140):

float carrot_angle = dist_carrot / abs_radius;
carrot_angle = Min(carrot_angle, M_PI / 4);
carrot_angle = Max(carrot_angle, M_PI / 16);

Specifically, I was expecting some kind of atan function used for the computation of "carrot_angle". How could the ratio itself be an angle? I wonder if this is a bug that is somewhat masked by the Min/Max bounding in the next two lines.

Best,
David

--
Yu David Liu