Re: [Paparazzi-devel] circle navigation

From: Hector Garcia de Marina
Subject: Re: [Paparazzi-devel] circle navigation
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2020 10:59:00 +0200

Hi guys,

I remember I answered a similar question time ago from another user. It seems a popular question xD.

Summarizing:

From the point of view of control, it is okei to use this _expression_ since when the angle is big (he vehicle still converges to the desired behavior, and when it is small is a very good approximation (so we save some computations).

Cheers,

On Thu, 17 Sep 2020, 10.46 Gautier Hattenberger, <gautier.hattenberger@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello David,

You are right, it should be atanf(dist_carrot / abs_radius), approximated to the ratio only, assuming small angles, which is wrong most of the time...

The bounding makes it work in practice. I suspect that this code originally written for 8bit MCU for just good enough.

I'm not sure if it worth changing it or not, but we should probably keep the bounding anyway.

Gautier