protux-support

Re: [Protux-support] User/KDE Issues starting Protux

From: Martin Herren
Subject: Re: [Protux-support] User/KDE Issues starting Protux
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 21:22:24 +0100

On Thu, 02 Jan 2003 14:33:31 -0500
Rick Haynes <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I posted a little earlier.  I'm having problems starting
> protux while logged in as user in KDE.  If I log into KDE
> as root, I can start it just fine.
>
> If I log in as user under GNOME, it also starts fine.  Can
> someone shed some light in on this for me?
>
> I'm using SuSE 8.1 Professional.

Hej,

could you be more explicit about the problems you encounter when starting
protux ? Are there any error messages ?
Perhaps using starting protux with the --d1 option could give more infos...

The only thing that i can think of right now is a problem with accessing the
audio devices... for this you should try to add your user to the audio group.

Perhaps KDE's audio server is causing some troubles, so you should shut it down
(or better configuring KDE to not start it ;-) i think it's called something
like artsd... but in this case it shouldn't work as root neither.

Martin

--
Open your Windows - Free your Mind - Enjoy
http://gnuwin.epfl.ch

Martin Herren                             +41 (0)79 746 57 83
OpenPGP Public key @ http://www.on-the-web.ch/sputnik/gpg.asc