qemu-riscv

Re: riscv64 virt board crash upon startup

From: Gerd Hoffmann
Subject: Re: riscv64 virt board crash upon startup
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2023 10:53:55 +0200

On Mon, Sep 11, 2023 at 12:12:43PM +0400, Marc-André Lureau wrote:
> > Gerd, here's the question for you: why are "device" and "head" QOM
> > properties in the first place? What are they needed for?
> >

> You get QOM tree introspection (ex: (qemu) qom-get
> /backend/console[0]/device type). Other than that, I don't think it
> brings anything else.

You can configure vnc server(s) to show a specific device + head, which
allows to run multihead configurations by using multiple vnc servers (one
for each head).

You can link input devices to device + head, so input events can go to
different devices depending on where they are coming from.  Which is
most useful for tablet devices in a vnc multihead setup, each head has
its own tablet device then.  Requires manual guest-side configuration
to establish the same tablet <-> head relationship (tested that years
ago with X11, not sure if and how this can be done with wayland).

HTH,
  Gerd