qemu-riscv

Re: qemu-riscv32 usermode still broken?

From: Andreas K. Huettel
Subject: Re: qemu-riscv32 usermode still broken?
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2023 03:22:49 +0200

> > https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-bash/2023-09/msg00119.html
> > ^ Here I'm trying to find out more.
> >
> > Bash tests apparently indicate that argv[0] is overwritten, and that
> > reading through a pipe or from /dev/tty fails or loses data.
> >
> > Apart from the bash testsuite failing, symptoms are as follows:
> >
> > * Something seems wrong in the signal handling (?):
>
> If it is wrong for signal handling and for 32-bit, I guess it may be
> fixed by this patch
>
> https://www.mail-archive.com/qemu-devel@nongnu.org/msg981238.html
>
> And this patch has been merged into master branch yesterday.
>
> May be you can have a try based on the master branch.

I added the patch to 8.0.3 (easier for the moment), and this did
unfortunately *not* lead to any improvements.

More debugging coming (weekend hopefully).

However, in the meantime on the GNU Make tracker Alejandro Colomar
pointed me to another detail based on my oddities [1]:

> I think [make] it's failing here:
>
> <https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/make.git/tree/src/job.c#n757>
>
> But it's failing with ENOENT, which is not one of the documented
> errors for wait(2):

So maybe another point to look at would be the origin of the return
values of wait, and whether that's wired correctly for rv32...

[1] https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?64664

--
Andreas K. Hüttel
dilfridge@gentoo.org