qemu-riscv

Re: riscv virt target write pflash

From: Philippe Mathieu-Daudé
Subject: Re: riscv virt target write pflash
Date: Mon, 19 Feb 2024 09:19:49 +0100

Cc'ing qemu-riscv mailing list which is more focused.

On 18/2/24 22:32, max wrote:
I am relatively new to QEMU so I hope that this is the right place to ask:

I tried starting QEMU with the following command:
```
qemu-system-riscv64 -M virt -drive if=pflash,format=raw,unit=0,file=bios.rom -m 512M -nographic -s -S
```

I am using GDB to debug the `bios.rom` Firmware. At some point in the execution `bios.rom` writes into some global variable (at 0x2000525C) inside the .bss section which is linked to be inside the memory mapped pflash0. But when I step forward with GDB to the exact location where the store instruction (sw) is executed, QEMU prints the following:
```
pflash_write: Unimplemented flash cmd sequence (offset 000000000000525c, wcycle 0x0 cmd 0x0 value 0x1)
```
According to the top of `hw/block/pflash_cfi01.c` Flash writes are supported. I am probably missing something here so it would be nice if someone could point me in the right direction. I would also gladly contribute if there is something missing in the riscv virt target.