swarm-swarmfest2006

Re: [Swarmfest2006] SwarmFest speakers, etc.

From: Paul Box
Subject: Re: [Swarmfest2006] SwarmFest speakers, etc.
Date: Fri, 5 May 2006 10:01:00 +0930

I would have thought that there were people wishing to attend both, as in shopping around trying to decide which is most suited to what they want to do. However, sitting in both tutorials for 4+ hours may be overkill to that end.

Perhaps we should schedule a panel discussion, with users of each of several ABM platforms participating. It would be a great way to show the commonalities of ideas between different platforms, as well as highlighting any implications of using one platform over another. I believe that swarmfest and swarm.org overall are promoting that idea; a single discussion or session may make that point clear.

This could either be your proposed talk with Steve R. and Gary An et al, or it could be a separate event.