swarm-swarmfest2006

Re: [Swarmfest2006] tutorial class in MASON

From: Rick Riolo
Subject: Re: [Swarmfest2006] tutorial class in MASON
Date: Wed, 17 May 2006 14:57:17 -0400 (EDT)

It certainly was the case the most submissions came
right at, or even beyound, the deadline.
(i'd guess we admitted 6-8 or more papers after the deadline.)

however, as i recall our deadline was farther ahead of the conference
than you have this year, so it gave us some time to
do the scheduling and still have a few weeks before the workshop.

i guess what i'm saying is that i think it is better to schedule
the talks as early as you can, just to allow people
to make travel plans if they can't be there for the whole conference.
but its hard to know how that plays out in this case
with people possibly going to both conferences.
(its also hard to know how many papers to expect because of that.)

- r

Rick Riolo                           address@hidden
Center for the Study of Complex Systems (CSCS)
4477 Randall Lab
University of Michigan         Ann Arbor MI 48109-1120
Phone: 734 763 3323                  Fax: 734 763 9267
http://cscs.umich.edu/~rlr