swarm-swarmfest2006

Re: [Swarmfest2006] [Fwd: Re: SwarmFest invitation]

From: Greg Madey
Subject: Re: [Swarmfest2006] [Fwd: Re: SwarmFest invitation]
Date: Fri, 26 May 2006 11:19:32 -0400

Paul,

I tried to get Laszlo, but he's on sabbatical at Harvard and will not return until after SwarmFest.

Greg

On May 26, 2006, at 11:15 AM, Paul Johnson wrote:

I'm not an organizer, but can I suggest:

Get the Notre Dame professor who wrote the book "Linked", Albert- Laszlo Barabasi <http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle- url/index=books&field-author-exact=Albert-Laszlo%20Barabasi&rank=- relevance%2C%2Bavailability%2C-daterank/103-5922364-6305449> . That would be awesome. Even if SF were not in ND, I'd say get him.

For other people to invite who are very close by, think of U. of Michigan people. I have met Rick Riolo several times, but I've never heard him talk about his research or about the U Mich center on complexity. I'd suggest you ask him to talk either about a project or perhaps even something more general like "my decades of experience in complexity and modeling". If he wants to talk about university affairs, creating a center, running a simulation lab, or whatever, I think it would be interesting. Of course, at U Mich there are many other really famous people, Robert Axelrod, Cohen, etc.

pj

Greg Madey wrote:
Yes ... so far we have Gary an on Friday and you on Saturday as invited speakers. Greg