Not able to generate assembly files

From: c.calderon
Subject: Not able to generate assembly files
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 18:29:59 +0100

Hi all,

I trying to install GNUProlog in a linux workstation...but i run into
the following error when I try to compile *.pl files:

I execute the following command:
gplc --verbose writechars.pl

and get this:

Copyright(C) 1999,2000 Daniel Diaz
GNU Prolog comes with ABSOULTELY NO WARRANTY
you may redistribute copies of GNU Prolog
under the terms of the GNU General Public License

For more information about these matters, see the files named COPYING.

Path used: /usr/lib/gprolog-1.2.1

***Compiling
pl2wam -o /tmp/gplc5wq05c.wam writechars.pl
writechars.pl: 126--136 warning: singlenton variables [In, StreamInput]
for send/0
wam2ma -o /tmp/gplcsq6kSc.ma /tmp/gplc5wq05c.wam
delete /tmp/gplc5wq05c.wam
ma2asm -o /tmp/gplcHt30tN.s /tmp/gplcsq6kSc.ma
delete /tmp/gplcsq6kSc.ma
as -o /tmp/gplccpuUFq.o /tmp/gplcHt30tN.s

error trying to execute as: No such file or directory compilation failed

deleting temporary files before exit
delete /tmp/gplcHt30tN.s
delete /tmp/gplccpuUFq.o

my Prolog version is gprolog-1.2.1-1