Re: graphical proof tree

From: Francois Fages
Subject: Re: graphical proof tree
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 18:48:13 +0100

Hello,

CLPGUI is a graphical user interface for constraint logic programming,
and for GNU-Prolog in particular. It contains viewers of the search tree.
The level of granularity is specified by annotations in the program
for determining which predicate calls should be traced.

I used it in my courses. You just have to annotate your Prolog programs,
you immediately get the views of the search tree, finite domain variables,
and you can execute any goal, recompute any previous state represented by a node
in the search tree etc.

CLPGUI can be downloaded from
http://contraintes.inria.fr/~fages/CLPGUI/

François Fages
INRIA Rocquencourt

fred bapst wrote:
Hello,

Does anybody know where I can find a tool that
graphically shows the "proof tree" of a Prolog
question ?

Of course a tracer like the one in GnuProlog is
what the programmer needs, but a graphical tree
would be useful for the first exercises in Prolog
(I'm teaching Prolog).
This seems feasible through a high-level Prolog
interpreter (cf. [Sterling,Shapiro]), or by analysing
the debugger trace output...

Thanks in advance.