Fwd: Interfacing Java to GNU Prolog (via C?)

From: Ugoretzc
Subject: Fwd: Interfacing Java to GNU Prolog (via C?)
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:18:48 EST

P.S. I am learning Java now at the same time that I am learning GNU prolog, so what I said about applets may not work.  I would be open to writing my main program as a Java application as well.
--- Begin Message --- Subject: Interfacing Java to GNU Prolog (via C?) Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 15:08:38 EST I want to write a program in Java that uses GNU prolog.  That, I think, means using an intermediate C module.  Is possible to compile a C module using gplc that also references Java through the Java native interface?  Data would be passed from the Java program to the C module to GNU Prolog, and then back from GNU prolog to the C module to the Java program.  Or is there an easier way to do this?  My Java program is an applet that would be running over the internet, so I am not sure if I would want to write the data (facts) for the GNU prolog to a file, call a GNU prolog executable (through an OS call) from Java that reads the data from a file and then writes the results back to a file.  The output file would then be available for Java to read.  I thought of sockets, but the program that I am writing is for a Windows platform, and the documentation on sockets mentions UNIX.
--- End Message ---