Re: I cant do this write('áéíóú')

From: Eric Noack
Subject: Re: I cant do this write('áéíóú')
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 11:56:06 +0200

Am Sun, 6 Jul 2003 19:31:28 +0200
schrieb "Gabriel Huertas" <address@hidden>:

> I can't do this: write('áéíóú').
>
> Is Spanish not suported?
>
> ItŽs very strange because write('ñ'). works properly, being "ñ" also a
> Spanish character.
>
> IŽm using 1.2.16 win32 version. Perhaps does the linux version work porperly?
> If yes IŽll install a Linux for working with it.
>

> Thanks in advance.

Gnu Prolog 1.2.16 on X11-Terminal, Gentoo Linux 1.4:

>address@hidden en $ gprolog
>GNU Prolog 1.2.16
>By Daniel Diaz
>Copyright (C) 1999-2002 Daniel Diaz
>| ?- write(äöüáàâéèêóòôúùûÂÊÎÔÛÄÖÜãñõlaberbla).
>äöüáàâéèêóòôúùûÂÊÎÔÛÄÖÜãñõlaberbla
>
>yes
>| ?- write('äöüáàâéèêóòôúùûÂÊÎÔÛÄÖÜãñõlaberbla').
>äöüáàâéèêóòôúùûÂÊÎÔÛÄÖÜãñõlaberbla
>
>yes
>| ?-
>Prolog interruption (h for help) ? e
>address@hidden en $

(All characters work here, but I dunno if my or your mail program transfers
them right ;)

Eric

PS: Maybe its just your character set? ever tryed to use an international
character set (which should have spanish chars as well)
instead of the spanish one? or visa versa?