Re: Choice between Prolog and Clips for an AI application.

From: Vic Bancroft
Subject: Re: Choice between Prolog and Clips for an AI application.
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 16:51:13 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003, Marc Colinet wrote:

> Is it right that Prolog is not made for forward chaining ?

Yes.  It is the natural way to use the horn clauses.

> I am surprised, I could understand that backwards chaining is
> difficult to implement, but the forward one ?

One can implement a forward chainer in prolog.  That is often done for
expert systems.

> Could you help me to choose the right system by telling me
> the reason(s) why I should prefer Prolog to Clips ?

Why not try a prototype in both . . . and let us know your results!

more,
l8r,

No bugs were harmed in the development of this software.

http://elvis.maioriello.com/~bancroft/tiki