Input variable domains as parameters of a prolog program

From: Chuang Liu
Subject: Input variable domains as parameters of a prolog program
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:23:22 -0400

Hi all:
I want to solve a CSP problem with several variables a, b, and c, and a constraint 'the sum of a, b, and c is less than a constant T'. Because I need to solve this CSP problem repeatedly with different  variable domains, is it possible to write a prolog program that takes variable domains as input and solves the problem accordingly?

Assume the executable file compiled from the prolog program is 'app'.  I would like to run it like "app <input file name>'. The input file contains the values of  variable domains. .

Any suggestions are appreciated.  Thanks

Chuang