Re: memory problem when compiling list of lists

From: Erick Alphonse
Subject: Re: memory problem when compiling list of lists
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 15:54:24 +0100

Hello,

I want to update an old report on memory consumption problems in gprolog.

The file bug.pl contains a fact declaring a list of lists. When consulting this file, gprolog (pl2wam) requires a large amount of memory, and the longer the list, the higher the memory. Consulting a list of more than 1000 lists requires more than 200Mo.

I have attached the file to consult (6Ko uncompressed). Gprolog 1.2.18 has the same problem.

Also, I cannot load files containing clauses of about 24Mo. gprolog cannot load them and asks for more than GLOBALSZ=800Mo and TRAILSZ=100Mo. I hope the bugs are related.

Did someone experience the same problem? I would be very grateful if someone could send me a workaround or a patch for these problems. I really need to run some experiments ;-).

Thanks a lot in advance,
Best regards,
Erick.