Re: GLOBALSZ stack size

From: Daniel Diaz
Subject: Re: GLOBALSZ stack size
Date: Sat, 14 May 2005 00:40:28 +0200

You have to define the GLOBALSZ environment variable.
You can do this under windows XP as follows:

1. Right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
2. Click the Advanced tab.
3. Click Environment variables.
4. Click New to add a new variable.
5. Add GLOBALSZ as the name and a size in Kb as the value (e.g. 32000).

Hope this helps

address@hidden wrote:
Hi!

It's perhaps a more or less trivial question in your definitions which is
bothering me...:

I'am writing a gnu prolog program under GNU Prolog 1.2.16 to solve a crossword
problem.

this is a task given to me by my informatics professor.

i'm (at least i think so) near the goal, but when loading an compiling the code
compilation fails with

"Fatal Error: global stack overflow (size: 8192 Kb, environment variable used:
GLOBALSZ)".

So i tried to figure out what to do and learned how to change the stack size
under unix/linux.

my problem now is: i am using gprolog under windows xp...

how do i change the stack size under xp....? i tried and searched and found no
answer...

thanks for all clues!

mondragor