fatal error: module qualification is not allowed for the head of a claus

From: Dave Sworin
Subject: fatal error: module qualification is not allowed for the head of a clause (A:B)
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 14:05:47 -0700 (PDT)

I installed gprolog 1.4.0 and all went well.  However, I get a failure for a predicate which has the name ':' which is a the colon character as I had used this predicate to define its behavior as an operator although at the time of the compile it is not declared as an operator.  The failure message is below.

fatal error: module qualification is not allowed for the head of a clause (A:B)

I looked through the NEWS file for the new release but I cannot see anything in the list which seems to apply.

Dave