Re: Is there any tool that can automatically generate Prolog callable in

From: Shuai Wang
Subject: Re: Is there any tool that can automatically generate Prolog callable interface from C functions?
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 17:36:56 -0400

Hi Sean,

Thank you for your reply.
So basically as I am writing some extensions for CIL(C Intermediate Language),
I quickly wrote some code based on our original extension to do the transform.

Currently it can work on the example I give and automatically generate
add_interface function in C and foreign interface in Prolog.

However, I should point out that when dealing with some "trivial" cases, it is easy to do,
but when C pointers involved (such as pointers as arguments of C function ), things could become quite difficult.
I post some questions Q1 Q2 Q3 on stackoverflow about the pointer issues.

Generally speaking, I think some C static analysis tools could be useful for this topic, such as CIL or Clang.

Best,
Shuai