Re: existence_error gone mad...

From: Daniel Diaz
Subject: Re: existence_error gone mad...
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2017 17:24:03 +0100

Hello,

Strange. I have to dig into this. Unfortunately I can't do this now. I keep you informed...

Daniel

Le 04/02/2017 à 16:16, emacstheviking a écrit :
It's gone mad I tell you!

uncaught exception: error(existence_error(procedure,sdl_PollEvent/0),''/0)
{debug}
| ?- circletest.
circletest.
uncaught exception: error(existence_error(procedure,sdl_CreateWindow/0),''/0)

sdl_PollEvent *works* if called from the prompt as sdl_PollEvent(X) but when my program runs the above errors are thrown out for some reason. I can call sdl_CreateWindow() from the prompt and create a window just fine. My real question is why does it think I am calling sdl_CreateWindow/0 when there is no such predicate??

What has me stumped is that THERE ARE 0 ARITY predicates with those names! According to the manual:
an existence error occurs when an object on which an operation is to be performed does not exist. ErrorTerm has the following

form: existence_error(Object, Culprit) where Object is the type of the object and Culprit the argument which caused the error. Object is one of:
  • procedure
  • source_sink
  • stream
I now suspect there must be something wrong with the gplc / link process although no errors are shown during the makefile build process... sigh all I wanted to do was play with some graphics!

:(