GitHub Actions and Workflows for Logtalk and Prolog repos

From: Paulo Moura
Subject: GitHub Actions and Workflows for Logtalk and Prolog repos
Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2019 11:29:31 +0000

Hi,

For the past few weeks, I have been implementing a set of GitHub Actions and
Workflows
(https://help.github.com/en/github/automating-your-workflow-with-github-actions/about-github-actions)
 for Logtalk repos, available from:

https://github.com/logtalk-actions

These necessarily include actions for setting up supported backend Prolog
compilers. I currently make available actions for setting up ECLiPSe
(https://github.com/logtalk-actions/setup-eclipse), GNU Prolog
(https://github.com/logtalk-actions/setup-gnu-prolog), and SWI-Prolog
(https://github.com/logtalk-actions/setup-swi-prolog) environments.

Also available are some demo repos illustrating the provided workflows
(https://github.com/logtalk-actions/workflows). Notably, the "demo" repo
(https://github.com/logtalk-actions/demo) shows how to automatically run tests,
publish test reports, and regenerate API documentation and diagrams on a push
event.

The "setup-gnu-prolog" action
(https://github.com/logtalk-actions/setup-gnu-prolog) can also be used for
repos that don't make use of Logtalk. The community challenge here is twofold:

- Get users with open source repos into the habit of writing tests and
documentation and then benefit from automatically running those tests and
regenerating and publishing documentation every time they commit and push a new
version.
- Writing and sharing actions and workflows for common usage scenarios.

Feedback and contributions welcome.

Enjoy!
Paulo

Paulo Moura