Re: [Xouvert-general] License question

From: William Lahti
Subject: Re: [Xouvert-general] License question
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 20:25:35 -0400

On Monday 18 August 2003 6:23 pm, Massimo Santoro wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know if a license change has been discussed yet. I would
> really like if the Xouvert project goes GPL, but I understand that there
> maybe be many con's and pro's.
>
> Regards,
>
> Massimo Santoro

I would like it to be GPLed too, but that would hinder our ability to
recontribute the code back to XFree86.
--
--------------------------------
$ printinfo
Fury // a.k.a William Lahti
Developer, Xouvert
Developer, Slicker Project
Developer, Calyptos
$ /usr/games/fortune
Roland was a warrior, from the land of the midnight sun,
With a Thompson gun for hire, fighting to be done.
The deal was made in Denmark, on a dark and stormy day,
So he set out for Biafra, to join the bloody fray.
Through sixty-six and seven, they fought the Congo war,
With their fingers on their triggers, knee deep in gore.
Days and nights they battled, the Bantu to their knees,
They killed to earn their living, and to help out the Congolese.
        Roland the Thompson gunner...
His comrades fought beside him, Van Owen and the rest,
But of all the Thompson gunners, Roland was the best.
So the C.I.A decided, they wanted Roland dead,
That son-of-a-bitch Van Owen, blew off Roland's head.
        Roland the headless Thompson gunner...
Roland searched the continent, for the man who'd done him in.
He found him in Mombasa, in a bar room drinking gin,
Roland aimed his Thompson gun, he didn't say a word,
But he blew Van Owen's body from there to Johannesburg.
The eternal Thompson gunner, still wandering through the night,
Now it's ten years later, but he stills keeps up the fight.
In Ireland, in Lebanon, in Palestine, in Berkeley,
Patty Hearst... heard the burst... of Roland's Thompson gun, and bought it.
                -- Warren Zevon, "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner"
$ uptime
 20:25:07  up 2 days,  2:57,  6 users,  load average: 0.27, 0.21, 0.31