Re: [xougen] Re: [Xouvert-general] trouble accessing archives

From: Zack Brown
Subject: Re: [xougen] Re: [Xouvert-general] trouble accessing archives
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 10:55:59 -0700

On Fri, Aug 22, 2003 at 02:39:05AM -0700, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 01:14:01PM -0700, Zack Brown wrote:
> >On the mailing list archive page, there is a link to
> >http://mail.gnu.org/archive/mbox/xouvert-general/2003-08
> >which is broken. It should contain a complete mbox of the mailing list.
>
> Zack, I just looked at the "Archiving Options".  The only one that may
> be relevant, and that I don't understand is "How often should a new
> archive be started?"  The options are yearly, monthly, weekly, and
> daily.  I had it set to monthly.  Just now I have changed it to daily.
> If this doesn't fix the problem, then I don't know how to fix it within
> the mailman administration interface.  Any ideas?

Monthly is the way to go (please!). That will build an archive of each
month's email. You've just set it to build an archive of each day's email, as
a seperate file. I don't see how changing that option would fix the problem. In
fact it is likely to make it much more of a problem to grab the archives...

it seems like a bug in the archive software - it creates the threaded
pages just fine, but it fails to update the mbox file for some reason.

If anyone has an mbox file of the xouvert list going back to the
beginning, please let me know.

Be well,
Zack