Re: [xougen] Regarding server side widgets

From: Diego Calleja García
Subject: Re: [xougen] Regarding server side widgets
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 04:35:43 +0200

El Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:01:44 +0800 Craig Ringer <address@hidden> escribió:

> I can't claim to know overly much about Xlib, but from what I've been
> hearing it's a bit of a pain to code against. So perhaps there's an
> argument for an "xlib2" or something - but that need not break or even
> touch existing xlib code, since it'd just be a separate client-side

(note: I don't know anything about Xfree/xlib)

What about XCB[1]? I've reading it fixes some issues which xlib has ie:
multithreading. It also has (partial; could be extended I suppose)
compatibility with xlib.

Drop the message if I've said something stupid...

[1]: http://xcb.cs.pdx.edu/usenix-xcl.pdf