Re: [xougen] Adding cruft to X

From: Jerry Westrick
Subject: Re: [xougen] Adding cruft to X
Date: 08 Sep 2003 00:50:27 +0200

I'm an applaication programmer.
I write (mostly) programs having to do with electronic stock exchanges
for Banks.  I consider sound is an intergral part of the user interface.

I use it to alert the operators that a special conditions has happened
which they need to look into immedeatetly.  With sound they recieve this
notice even if they are not looking at the screen at the moment.

I really have to disagree with the people who say sound is not part of
the Graphical User Interface.

Jerry Westrick