Re: [xougen] Re: Adding cruft to X

From: Tupshin Harper
Subject: Re: [xougen] Re: Adding cruft to X
Date: Sun, 07 Sep 2003 20:18:19 -0700

Steve Nickolas wrote:

You can get all of that without adding on to X, I think, by writing a system that is X-like in nature and which runs alongside (but completely oblivious to) X - plus, you have the advantage that console apps like sox, ogg123, etc. can be written to use it, even without X available. This is, IMHO (and I don't think I'm alone) the best approach.

I know I tend to sound a bit befuddled, I hope this is a sufficient explanation why I think sound support should NOT be part of X.

-uso.

What you absolutely cannot get without awareness (at a fairly low level) of X, is synchronization. See my earlier message about that.

-Tupshin