Re: [xougen] FW: imake status in Xouvert

From: William Lahti
Subject: Re: [xougen] FW: imake status in Xouvert
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 20:04:37 -0400

On Saturday 30 August 2003 6:27 am, address@hidden wrote:
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2003 at 12:49:24AM -0700, Eric Anholt wrote:
>
> <snip>
>
> > Could all of the various maintainers for different OSes get together to
> > rewrite XFree86's build to use autotools and be portable to the same
> > platforms?  Probably.  But I expect it'll require so many os-specific
> > hacks that it'll result in a mess that is slower to build and more
> > difficult to read than the existing, working imake build system.
>
> automake at all is nothing more as an collection hacks.
> it really sucks and produces more problems as it solves.
>
> So we need something completely new - designed from ground up for the
> problems of distributed development and strongly heterogenous environments.
>
> See my latest posting about that.

And you expect who to create this system?

--
William Lahti, aka xfury

$ /usr/games/fortune
Attorney General Edwin Meese III explained why the Supreme Court's Miranda
decision (holding that subjects have a right to remain silent and have a
lawyer present during questioning) is unnecessary: "You don't have many
suspects who are innocent of a crime.  That's contradictory.  If a person
is innocent of a crime, then he is not a suspect."
                -- U.S. News and World Report, 10/14/85
$ uptime
 20:04:25  up 1 day,  3:17,  2 users,  load average: 0.18, 0.14, 0.10