[xougen] FAQ and Wiki

From: Seth W. Klein
Subject: [xougen] FAQ and Wiki
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 21:42:49 -0400

http://www.xouvert.org/faq.html#2.7

> 2.7) I want an X type system but for sound, are you going to do that?
>
> Well that is an interesting idea, but I don't think we are. Have you
> looked at project "Y"? We don't have a link, so if you could supply our
> FAQ maintainer with one that would be great.

http://www.mediaapplicationserver.net/

"There is already such a project. It's called MAS, Media Application
Server, and its homepage is at http://www.mediaapplicationserver.net/";

The FAQ says, "If you have some information that you think should be
in the FAQ, a question, or if you have found an error, please write it
up on our WIKI...."

(Spelling police note: Wiki is not an acronym. That aside...)

Email is much quicker unless you already have a Wiki account. If there
was an email link, this could have been in the FAQ a week ago.

The Wiki page linked in the quote above is a front page and doesn't seem
appropriate for dumping FAQ submissions nor does it indicate where FAQ
submissions should go.

TikiWiki only marginally works for me due to its excessive use of
JavaScript. Its considerable use of CSS formatting and massive array of
unneeded features further this beyond my tolerance.

For these reasons, TikiWiki places high entry barriers which is excatly
what the Xouvert project is trying to get away from, if I understand
correctly. IMO, you need a simpler, more Wiki like, Wiki.

cheers,
Seth W. Klein
--
address@hidden                         http://www.sethwklein.net/