Re: [xougen] ANNOUNCE: solidarity with the Y project

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [xougen] ANNOUNCE: solidarity with the Y project
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:17:53 +0200

On Mon, 2003-09-29 at 11:41, Julien Olivier wrote:
> One thing that interested me in Y is the server-side widgets idea. What
> do you think of that ? Is it a good idea ? Should this get into xouvert
> ?

There has already been some substantial amount of discussion
of that idea on this list. If you read the list archives
from a couple of weeks back, you'll be able to catch up on
the various opinions on the matter. Basically the majority
answers to your questions seems to be "bad idea", "no" and
"no". Of course, now that we're feeling solidarity with Y
those opinions may change... ;-)

I must say that I'm seriously impressed with Y.  There's
really a nice balance between new and old ideas, making the
final solution appear strikingly simple...

/Per

--
Per Cederberg, Software Consultant
http://www.percederberg.net/software