Re: [xougen] merging

From: Per Cederberg
Subject: Re: [xougen] merging
Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2003 10:32:29 +0100

On Fri, 2003-10-31 at 06:36, Jonathan Walther wrote:
> Perhaps you aren't familiar with the incredible power of LISP and LISP
> macros.  Right now we are evaluating the "rep" LISP dialect for use in
> this role.

<offtopic>
Yes, people usually write them off as academic, but Lisp
and Prolog are really ideal for these type of small
database-like power utilities. Only real issue is running
the programs without installing too much software...
</offtopic>

<blatant ad>
If you need a free Prolog that can create small standalone
executables (for tools like this), checkout Ciao Prolog:
http://clip.dia.fi.upm.es/Software/Ciao/
</blatant ad>

/Per - That should quit spamming already... ;-)