Re: [xougen] merging

From: weigelt
Subject: Re: [xougen] merging
Date: Sat, 1 Nov 2003 17:33:50 +0100

On Thu, Oct 30, 2003 at 08:28:44PM -0500, Patrick McFarland wrote:

<snip>
> Xserver right now is pretty smart, all you need to do is tell it
> what input device and video card you use, and it can pretty much
> guess the rest.

Well, there're still some tricky points, i.e. find out the right
modeline for TFTs. Some day ago, I had to ask some people to find
out, that some products (AOC) require 1024x748 @ 60Hz refresh rate
and so I had to calculate my own modeline.

Those things should be made easier.

cu
 Enrico Weigelt    ==   metux IT services

 fax:       +49 36207 519932         email:     address@hidden
 cellphone: +49 174 7066481
 Diese Mail wurde mit UUCP versandt.      http://www.metux.de/uucp/